Do you all keep your receipts and if you do how do you file them from a previous year

Do you put them all in one big file or do you separate them into each month that they come from?

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 1:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• we keep the recipts for phone,etc in a folder marked electic stuff, kohls and deptment stores in one. medical bills and paid, car insurance. But just normal stuff like food and gas we just shred. I even keep a box with copy of delicate cheaks. Then do not sepeate by month just types and then first of next year will put out and make room for next years stuff.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I keep those that are relevant to the taxes in a folder with that year's tax forms and file them all together.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• oh yes, we keep everythig in a separate book
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 4:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my husband makes a copy of everything from receipts to bills that are paid and puts them all in a file on his computers backed up on a separate hard drive just in case his computer crashes then when they are copied he shred all the papers. When it comes time to do taxes he just prints off the stuff he needs. My husband is really good at keeping all that stuff filed and everything
    robsgurl_23

Answer by robsgurl_23 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2011