Perfume Question..

I know that when you have worn perfume for a while you won't smell it as strong yourself. I wear a quality perfume (as opposed to the $8 stuff), 1 spray around my neck area each day. I almost never smell it later on, but I dont want to spray 2 or 3 times and then run everyone out of the office because it's too strong. Suggestions? How do you know if you're over doing it?

customcat2000

Asked by customcat2000 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Ask someone I'm sure they won't mind letting you know.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If it's a good perfume, try spraying it on your wrist in the morning and when you think you need more just rub your wrist together and it will come right back. Hope this helps.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• As a person who is very sensitive to perfume, my advice is not to wear it in an office, esp. if you have to deal with the public in any manner in person. Save if for intimate moments with your loved ones that you know are not allergic to it.
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 2:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You don't smell it anymore because you're wearing it and, like with any stimulation, you stop noticing it.. other people can still smell it. Good quality perfume will last about 8 hours. If you have matching body wash and lotion it will last about 12 hours. Body spray will last about 3 hours so if you have a long day you can freshen up your perfume with a couple sprays of that. For the perfume spray it once or twice then walk into it, a direct spray to your body can be overpowering
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i dont know because i over do it it ever day
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I usually will give myself a few sprays in the morning and then a few sprays half through the day
    NickiSue

Answer by NickiSue at 9:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Good question. I have asthma and when i shop or go out to a restuarant i can't enjoy myself when woman and men smell to strong. i have to leave and go outside or in the restroom. i have literally lost my lunch from some of them wearing to much. i took dental assisting in college and can't do that because of the perfume/cologne wearer's. it is great that you are aware of that and considerate of others. i won't even go into the b.o. problems. lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 9:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011