Oooops, He did it again? What do you think about Harry Reid's comments? ;o)

Harry Reid has done put his foot in his mouth again -- and this time he might really wish he'd been more careful with his words. The Senate Majority Leader called Chinese President Hu Jintao a "dictator" on Tuesday -- the same day Hu arrived on a diplomatic visit to the U.S. to discuss their at-times rocky relationship.

"I am going to go back to Washington tomorrow and meet with the president of China. He is a dictator," Reid told local TV talk show "Face to Face with Jon Ralston."

"He can do a lot of things through the form of government they have." The inflammatory remarks were made after Ralston asked if Reid thought the lame-duck tax cut deal was a good one.

The Nevada senator quickly backtracked from his statement. "Maybe I shouldn't have said dictator, but they have a different type of government than we have and that's an understatement," Reid said.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL. I wonder if he will get time in Biden's time out chair.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Do we have anyone in our government (especially prominent positions) that know to think before speaking??

I am beginning to think that we do not..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Quinn! He just "misspoke" and "everyone makes mistakes" and "it must be a slow news day" and of COURSE "Well PALIN SAID.........." Think I covered all the regular reactions from the left ;) The man is an IDIOT and the poster child for term limits. Him and Pelosi :D
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• the poster child for term limits.

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with the above...definitely a slow news day... But I do wish our representitives would think bf they speak! We don't need to piss off China right now, for sure!! Hopefully Obama can make some deals to ship more U.S. products to THEM!
    TIFFANYT1432

Answer by TIFFANYT1432 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• LOL, grly. Love the 'inspirational' posters.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't know that our government officials have any business talking shit about anyone elses government officials.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Meh, that's not nearly as bad as: "Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother," - Alabama Republican Gov. Robert J. Bentley

Separation of church and state... Seems he forgot about that.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 3:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 1) I don't think what he said THIS time was a big deal.

2) Reid is one of the reasons TERM LIMITS should be put in place like YESTERDAY..he is OLD and OUT of TOUCH

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011