Salmonella during pregnancy?

I ate chicken skewers last night at about 8, I was picking through them as I ate, I’m not sure if they were undercooked. It was a tender pink w/white fatty parts in some parts, but cooked on the outside. I’m 30 weeks pregnant, should I be worried about catching salmonella. Since their grilled and so skinny on the stick wouldn’t they get enough heat to kill anything. If I’m going to get sick when would I and will it affect the baby, I’m already on bed rest. What are symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• id think if you were going to be sick it would hit with in 24hours. and it is a seriouse illness so if you start to feel really sick at your stomach and vomiting and diarea then call your dr asap. or you start to run a fever.
    Anonymous

• I agree,Call a DR if you start to feel ill at all.Last year I was get very sick early in my pregnancy around 20 weeks and throwing up.The Dr did not take me serious and said that all pregnant women get sick.3 weeks later I was in the hospital from premature labor and gave birth to my son,who died a week later from E coli from a frozen pizza I ate.Just know that only you know what is normal and if you feel that you have gotten sick from the chicken let you dr know right away.It takes 3 to 5 days for e coli and Salmonella to grow in you digestive tract so just keep and eye out
    cherishhope86

Answer by cherishhope86 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008