Is it ok that I am not showing?

I am 18 weeks tomorrow and I am not showing at all!! I lost 20lbs the past 3 months due to the morning sickness was so severe for me. Ive gained about 5 or 7 lbs back now that I am able to eat, but I am not showing at all. The only way you can see my little bump is when I am laying on my back in bed. Is that normal? This is my 1st pregnancy as well .. I am just wondering if this is normal.

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't start showing until i was 8 months prego. Had an 8 pound baby 2 weeks early. (and i'm skiny)
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• what did your doctor say about your weightloss?
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 2:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Honey, every woman carries a little diferently! God knows whats best. Just relax and go with the flow!
    Toadalove

Answer by Toadalove at 2:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My doctor put me on a hydration therapy through a picc line. and its helped and Im feeling better. Honestly my dr was not worried about my weight loss. She was more worried that I was no eating or drinking anything. Never seemed concerned about my weight loss.
    annabelle092810

Comment by annabelle092810 (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, FTM here and at 18 weeks I barely showed too.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well, I was two weeks away from delivering with my first child and the lady sitting next to me at the Dr's office didn't even realize that I was pregnant! (How's that for not showing?) If only things were that well hidden with the subsequent pregnancies! LOL As long as your OB/GYN is not concerned with your baby's growth, don't sweat it. Relax and enjoy what is likely to be the very best part of your pregnancy now that the morning (or 24-hour, if you are anything like me) sickness has passed.

Congratulations!
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yeah I would say it's normal due to the morning sickness and your first pregnancy. I just had my first son this past August and I had the same issues too. I went into my second trimester about 10 to 15 lbs lighter than my weight before I was pregnant. I only gained about 28 lbs and the whole time I was constantly worried that I wasn't big enough. When my son was born he has a healthy 7lb 2oz boy! Every body is different and not all people get big. Your doctor will know if there is something wrong. I look back now and wished I would have enjoyed it more and not worried so much. Good luck and Congrats!
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 8:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011