2nd doc appointment

my doc appointment is today..new doc due to a move.. I'm 20 weeks along (hard time finding a doc that would take my insurance and even longer to get an appointment). At my first appointment j had my pap and ultra sound and the regular stuff for the first appointment and my doc there said all they'll have to do is fax the stuff to the new doc..so what can I expect at this appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well being that you are 20 weeks I am assuming they will order some bloodwork, you may get a sonogram done, listen to the heart beat, and just to do the basic eval. (blood pressure and things along that line) Since you are having your old dr fax the info over, then I do not see why they would want to do another exam
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you'll have your weight taken, pee in a cup, have your bp taken, listen to the heartbeat, schedule an anatomy ultrasound, and if you havent done the 1st tri. bloodwork, they may order that too. Your doc with ask you about any questions you may have and ask you general health and pregnancy questions. I went in at 15 weeks for my 1st appt since I found out so late so that's pretty much what happened with me.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011