The age old debate!!Ladies please be honest....

Ok so as im sitting here watching tv, i cant help but to wonder why there;s such a stereotype about how mothers need to "dress" like mothers....Now, correct me if im wrong ok, Yes we are mothers but arent we also women of all ages from all kinds of different backgrounds, who have their own beliefs and their own unique sense of being? I cant stand how people are so judgemental (including mothers towards one another) . I think its sad that we have to wear the mother label and dress a certain way...I am 24 , married with 2 children and one on the way. And by way way, shape or form do i feel like i have to change who i am or my individuality to please others or "conform" to dressing motherly. Im not saying go out there and look like a stripper, because thats who you are, what i am saying is ...people nowadays feel like because they have children they have to let go of themselves and look frumpy and homely. I am not bashing anyone by any means, just simply wondering WHY?? LADIES MY QUESTION TO YOU IS.... HAVE YOU CHANGED TO FIT THE "MOTHER" LOOK ?? DO YOU CARE HOW OTHERS LOOK AT YOU AND WHY?

MsBrazil86

Asked by MsBrazil86 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Im 24 with three kids & I damn sure don't look like a Mommy! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• LOL! I know a few women who have decided that sweat pants and a tshirt are the only clothes they need to wear "because they are a mother." I enjoy dressing in stylish things, most of my friends do as well. Just because we are moms doesn't mean we have to wear "mom jeans" or sweatpants all of the time!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have been a mother for nearly 20 years now.. lol

No. I have never changed the way I dress or present myself strictly because "I'm a mom".. I do not feel that I need to or should change aspects of myself (like how I dress, what music I like, what movies I like..etc) just because I am a mother.

I dress as I always have. Jeans & a Kurti, Saris, and Salwar Suits... This is how I dressed at 18 and how I still dress at 48.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i am also 24 with three kids and the ways i look and dress have changed.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well it was a long time ago but I didn't change a thing. These days though, I do think some younger moms could cover up a little more, especially when the baby is with you in public. I don't like seeing a young mom with her boobs hanging out and her baby up on her shoulder. Sorry that just dosen't do it for me.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think you should dress like you're not out trying to pick up men. You can dress respectfully and still look attractive. Its far between from sweats and a ponytail and dressing stylish-ly.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no way. i still have a rockin body and i'm only 22. i still wear my low rise jeans, my booty shorts, my mini skirts. there is a certain level of class and sexiness that i've always gone by. minimal cleavage if i'm showing leg or if i'm showing stomach. if i'm showing stomach it never goes above the belly button unless its a bikini. cleavage is fine if i'm not showing legs or stomach. so a cute little tank top is good with the low rise jeans or booty shorts with a wife beater or a longer tank top, but combining the booty shorts with the little tank top is a no no. exception to the belly button rule also is a long sleeve plaid shirt tied in a knot with jeans
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I am 42 years old and still dress the way I did when younger jeans and t-shirts and hoodies plus anything I happen to like No set mother look
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I personally have not changed, I also never been the type who dressed scandalous to begin with , ill show a little cleavage if the occasion fits but other than that , i dont really wear mini skirts and skimpy shorts. My clothes are very tasteful but i still look stylish and definitely not like "MOM" lol People usually dont think i have kids, But who says being a mom means you cant look hot ? =)
    MsBrazil86

Comment by MsBrazil86 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i am normal i guess i wear jeans and nice shirt and dresses and heals but now that i am pregnant my wardrobe will probably change some.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011