how horrible is this!?!!? i knew my teeth were in bad shape but omg!

i just ate lunch and i kept rubbing my tongue against what i thought was food stuck in between 2 of my bottom teeth. well it came out and it was really hard and thin so i looked at it and it was built up plaque! i went to the bathroom, checked the mirror and more was chipping off. 3 pregnancies, and years of smoking have ruined my teeth. along with drinking coffee daily, drinking a lot of dark sodas as a teen, and not eating as healthy as i should. when i had a tooth pulled last year my dentist told me i needed to come back for a good cleaning, and that my gums were wearing off my teeth. lately ive been taking better care of them, drinking lots of water, brushing twice daily, flossing. is the plaque coming off a good sign that the better care is getting rid of it, or a bad sign that they're getting worse? this is horrible! i'm in my 20's and my teeth are falling apart!!!!!! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Health

• Babe you need to get to a dentist.  If your teeth are already messed up, it's not the end of the world even though it feels like it.  A dentist will fix you right up and you'll be fine.  Breathe.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Are you sure that it's plaque? It could be part of your tooth. I'd get it checked.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i think it was plaque....it was yellow and grayish looking. my teeth are yellow but they havent turned brown or black, yet. lol :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• go to a Dentist!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011