She LIED TO ME!!!!! (Venting)

So this lady(my ex friend who is a wedding planner) asked me to baby sit her son, whom I never met, for a her while she was getting things ready for a wedding. She had no one to watch her child so I decided I would help her out. She told me her son, who was always with daddy, was the sweetest creature in the world, very quiet, easy to get along with and was very easy to watch. Boy oh Boy, when I got to there the first thing the little boy did was take of like a bat out of hell, screaming. I knew I should have run for the hills, but I could see how desperate she was. Everything this woman told me about the child was SOOOOO wrong. He was rude, he was loud, he was mean, he was HORRIBLE. He kept on screaming PAM(mom's name) very loud and running away from he every chance he got, and would just scream hysterically. When it was time to give him a snack, I went to the cafeteria, and the mom was like I have food for him in his bag. I opened his bag, and all that was in there was a giant bag of m&m's and a large bottle of coke. (THIS WAS PROBABLY WHY HE DID NOT HAVE ANY TEETH, AND THEY WERE ALL SILVER). At the end of the day, I was fed up and could not wait to get out of there. Ok so she and I are no longer friends because the next day she called me to babysit for day 2 of the wedding and I ignored her calls. I think he needs a real babysitter, or some parenting lessons.

TamikaJovan

Asked by TamikaJovan at 2:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Ugh! You did the right thing - no way would I watch that little monster again!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you were right...RUN!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• frustratedYou could have told her what it was like with him but she proubly wouldn't belive you so you did the right thing.

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don't blame you. I love kids, don't get me wrong. Some are just better in smaller doses. LOL
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• wow... Yeah, I know mothers with children like that, silver teeth and all!!! And they are constantly fed candy and sodas.. And then are diagnosed with ADHD, given meds, and the moms act like that was the problem all along! NO, lazy parenting was the problem all along!!! (Not that every child with ADHD is caused by this, just these particular women) And they wonder why they won't calm down, and are aggressive and disrespectful.. Hello!!! Could you function normally after eating a 5 pd bag of sugar??? Hell no!!!!
    TIFFANYT1432

Answer by TIFFANYT1432 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I feel sorry for the child. Poor kid and his mother's lack of feeding him properly.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would have done the same thing.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 2:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Baha. Don't feel bad I would have done the same thing. Some people are either blind to their child's evilness or they don't act like that when the parent is around, if that's the case though what can ya do but avoid avoid avoid!
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 5:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• she is lucky you didnt just call her and tell her to come pick him up asap - he is yelling and not listening. i wouldnt let a child stay with me that didnt accept that they would do as i say - end of story.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• banging head into wall

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011