Bull terrier..?

My SO and i are talking about getting another dog for our family. Right now we have 2 cats,and a chihuahua, who are a great pack. They get along well, and the chihuahua seems to think it may be a cat.. But anyway..

We have been talking about possibly a bull terrier puppy... I am a SAHM, so the dog wouldn't be left alone everyday. I have had dogs in the past, and trained them very successfully. I am active, and would love a dog that would enjoy hiking, biking, walking the strand, and general outdoor activities (my chihuahua is under 2 pounds and wouod rather chill at home on the bed with the cats).
And my DD is great with all animals. Is gentle, doesn't go crazy around them or chase them.. She just wants to snuggle and love them..but only if they show interest in her.
Anyone have a bull terrier?
How old was it when you adopted it? How old were your kids?
What problems did you face?
Any help would be great!

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 2:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pets

• Bull terriers are kind of lazy and would be fine for walks but not a long run or anything. I have researched these dogs as I have wanted one since I was a kid. I want a very lazy dog :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• With the research i have done it says they are high energy dogs, and need routine exercise, plenty of play, and a lot of metal stimulation.
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• any dog can be a great dog for family. but i would look into any health issues that may occur, and tempermant. ive had pit bulls that were the best dogs ever, i had a chi that wanted to eat my children, and yes also thought she was a cat:) i currently have a shepard/chow mix who is alittle tempermental, but a great dog. i've seen cocker spaniels go after people, ect. so its all with tempermant and how its raised.....imo. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Right now I have a Rat terrier, and he is great with kids, my 5 year old neice and her 3 year old brother can climb all over him and he doesnt do anything. He loves to go on walks and you cant wear him out. He also likes to snuggle in the evening. I rescued him when he was 1 and a half old. So far I have had no problems with him.
    pregnantgirl361

Answer by pregnantgirl361 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011