Springer spaniel/ black lab mix

what do you think these dogs are like? any experience? we have 3 kids and a yard although it is rather small! want to make sure we get a dog well fit for our family and a family well fit for the pup. we wont be able to geth the pup for about 10 weeks it was boorn last night

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pets

• Congrats on your pup!!! I am sure both breeds and a mixed one with both breeds will be a very good fit for your kids.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Any pup is high energy & needs lots of room to run around. Add black lab to the mix- and you can count on at least 2 yrs of hyper-ness! I woulnt have any other breed for us tho! Love my lab & lab-sheppard mix :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The breed line sounds like a good line for a family pet. When adopting any pet into the family it is good to research the traits of the breed(s). Do they require alot of grooming, walking? do they bark? are they high energy? what were they originally bred for- what traits were originally bred into them?
    We have a great australlian sheep dog. he was easy to train and is very intelegent.
    Good luck
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011