ok is this normal??

my six year old son wants to be a daddy when he grows up, is that cute or odd??? i think it is cute that he wants to be a daddy just surprised that he doesnt want to be a fireman or a superhero or any thing of that sort what do your kids want to be when they grow up??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 2:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that's adorable!

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• He loves his daddy, so he wants to be a daddy. Does he know what his daddy do for a living?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Totally normal. And very cute and sweet. It's sounds like daddy is a great influence on your little one.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sweet just shows he must have a very special one that has touched his heart and should really make Daddy proud, makes me smile and realize what about the ones that don't have a daddy :( I think that's really really special!!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• way to gosoo normal and a great compliment to your DH i think...your 6 yr old thinks that he is the BEST! He must be doing something right there

rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We get alot of realtor flyers at our house and my 5 y/o always picks them up to look at them. Yesterday he said he was going to pick out his house. I told him this was his house and he said "no, mommy, for when I'm big!"... then he asked the little girl I watch if she would marry him.

He's very focused on being big, having a house and a wife and kids. It's strange, but very cute!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes, normal. show's your dh is a good example for a dad too!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i never wanted to be a mom cause my mom worked all of the time and was divorced so i think that not having a good family life changes what you want in life. i hope that there are other kids that want to be mommys and daddys out there.
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Aww that is so cute and sweet!!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011