how often do you all get heartburn

What do u do to get rid of it. I get heartburn so bad that it causes me to get sick

rebecca10

Asked by rebecca10 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was pregnant 6 months ago. i has to take zantac 3 times a day and it was a life saver because i would get heartburn after a sip of water!!!
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I take prevacid,but I'm not pregnant either. Ask your doctor as to what u can take.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• had*
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I feel for you :-( I had heartburn everyday with my first pregnancy that lasted all day and was really bad at night when I would try to lie down. I ate Tums like they were M&M's and was on an Rx for Zantac. Nothing helped. I started choking on the acid at night and it would keep me and dh up all night. I had to start sleeping sitting straight up in bed. It sucked. Wish I had a recliner back then.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I had heartburn so bad it made me sick - I threw up most days at least once. I tried Tums, Zantac, Pepcid, and a couple other things. Finally, Nexium was the only thing that worked.

Answer by missanc at 2:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Usually only sometimes at night before bed. Or if I eat pizza...
    ZoeLife1

Answer by ZoeLife1 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Tums and milk or ice-cream works well for me. Sometimes doctors can give you something stronger too.
    ZoeLife1

Answer by ZoeLife1 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Zantac has worked for me during this pregnancy. I have heartburn from the time I wake up until the time I wake up the next day. No fun! Talk to your doctor.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Way too often ugh.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 3:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I pretty much have it all day long. I mean really how does bread give you heartburn? I try to drink lots of water and my midwife said if it gets too severe I can take mylanta.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011