WHATS THE BEST PREGANANCY TEST TO BUY?

CLEAR BLUE OR FIRST RESPONSE?

larrieshayamini

Asked by larrieshayamini at 2:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• First reponse has been awesome for me 3 times :-).
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Either one. All you do is pee on them. Hell even a dollar store one will work just as good.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Honestly, I always bought mine at the Dollar Tree store and they have always been accurate for me..
    ZoeLife1

Answer by ZoeLife1 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• They all work the same. The only difference is whether you get an early response test or not, or digital or regular. If you haven't missed your period yet, then your best bet would be to get an early response test -- one that specifically says it gives accurate results up to 5 days before a missed period. Any test that says that is fine.

If you have missed your period, get a dollar store test. It's exactly the same as the others (including the ones they use at the doctor's office), and it's much cheaper.

If you have trouble reading a regular test (you think you see a positive but you're not sure), you can try a digital, which will tell you "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" and takes the guess-work out of it.

But regardless, the brand doesn't matter. They're all the same, they all do the same thing.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I've always bought store brand. Used Equate (Wal-mart brand) several times. Walgreens the last 2 pregnancies. One from Jewel (local supermarket in Chicago). They were all accurate even when done a few days early.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• thank you all. now i know because ive never been pregnant i was gonna go with most expensive. but ok ill try these.
    larrieshayamini

Comment by larrieshayamini (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think I've used a First Response, but I'm not sure. I think for the most part I used the dollar store ones and they were all accurate and gave me a positive before whatever the "name brand" test that I used did. I don't trust the big name tests anymore lol. I like my $1 tests because of that. I don't see the point in spending like $20 on a pregnancy test. You can buy 20 at the dollar store for that, ya know? But, I'm also all about getting things that are good, but also very cheap.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Any. Even the dollar store ones work just as well as the expensive ones, IMO.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• if you're late then it doesn't matter. if you want to test a couple of days before you expect your period then first response is the best.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011