Rate my lunch

Rate my lunch (healthiness) and tell me yours

Half an apple
lightly salted cashews
sweet potato and beet chips
string cheese stick
glass of milk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Raviolli from a can and two plain hotdog buns with a small glass of tea! I would starve with yours
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• your lunch lacks a grain but it's got protein, calcium, and all the other good stuff. B++!

Mine = large bowl oatmeal w/ a big handful of craisins (dried cranberries) and a small glass of 100% grape juice and a pepsi.... lol.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• so so. the sweet potato and beet chips are not healthy, cheese is a good source of protein but string cheese is processed. Raw almonds are a better choice than high sodium, high fat cashews (although eating cashews is good for the environment because they are only grown in rain forests).
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• honestly, the salted cashews you could do w/o. the string cheese isn't the healthiest either. you should have eaten the whole apple. the potato and beet chips have basically had all the nutrients sucked out of them. all in all i'd say the milk and the apple were the good points of your lunch......mine is a salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrots, and red, orange, and yellow bell peppers with a glass or organic vegetable juice
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Macaroni salad and carrot sticks.  Yours was healthy.

Answer by louise2 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• A salad and some chicken noodle soup w/crackers, but yours sounds good too.
    darter

Answer by darter at 3:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• They're no good? Really? :(

http://www.terrachips.com/veggies-and-nutrition
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no they really aren't. any dried fruit or vegetable has had all its nutrients dried out with it. they will claim they are healthy on the package to get you to buy them. you'd have been better off with mashed sweet potatoes and beets
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Your lunch was better than mine.. I had some pretzels, an english muffin toasted w/ butter, and about a cup of yogurt.. ff yog. oh some ginger ale.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Damn I didn't know that. They taste good too. Crap. Overpriced $4 chips for nothing....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011