Here's one for you:

Last night I went to my SO and told him that I was craving chocolate (I am trying to lose weight and it is that time of the month). He told me that I have to push those urges away and compared the craving for chocolate to the craving of nicotine.

I think he is crazy. Smokers are addicted to nicotine and chocolate is not an addiction, but sure makes us feel better.

Just thought I would put this one out there.

coala

Asked by coala at 3:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think chocolate is an addiction, lol.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Ummm, I claim to be a chocoholic...but have never heard that someone can be addicted to chocolate.

However, people can be addicted to food.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• He's kind of right. It's about the willpower to say no. Foods can be addictions to some people.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• so he never eats chocolate??? lol. I don't think it's a real addiction. Can live without chocolate without painful withdrawals
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I am addicted to chocolate! I love it!!!
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think chocolate could very well be an addiction for me....lol I usually make brownies when its that time for me.
    darter

Answer by darter at 3:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Is this the chocoholics annonymous group? I would like to sign up LMAO.
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 3:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• http://www.confectionerynews.com/Markets/Study-suggests-you-can-be-addicted-to-chocolate

don't know how to make it clicky, but new studies are showing you CAN be addicted and when you eat chocolate, it triggers the same area in your brain as it does for drug addicts when they have cocaine

Answer by missanc at 3:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Tell he is right, so what! Then go eat the chocalate!!! Enjoy it too....lol.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Two totally different things, redonkulous comparison..but one could be addicted to chocolate, I suppose.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011