• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone ever been terminated from a daycare?

We were just recently. It wasnt for anything bad (my oppinion). The lady who ran the daycare was a little oversensative. My son was asked what did you do for the weekend. He said we were at mom's boyfriends house and it is okay that we stay there because mom cant have any more babies. The daycare lady was very upset over that and said that some of the other kids parents threatened to leave over that comment. My son also told them that people see eachothers "tummies" when they are in a relationship.
She also said that my saying that I was taking my kids to a party (holiday party) was indication that I was going out and drinking and such.

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• my son was kicked out of a daycare preschool center because he was the only one in his age group who refused to either nap or rest quietly. I was devastated but considered it a good thing. His next center embraced his extra energy and he got extra attention while the little ones napped
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't get why you would tell your young child that it's okay for you to stay overnight at BFs house because you can't have anymore children. I mean, what you do is your business, buy why explain it to a young child?
    Anonymous

• I never did explain it to him. He came up with that on his own. He knows I cannot have more kids because he asked for a brother and I told him I can't have anymore (like over a year ago). He just came up with that on his own.
    MamaWolf1981

Comment by MamaWolf1981 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I never have no because I'm a sahm and when I was a working out of the house mom, I had my kids at my mom's. I'm not saying who is right and who is not. The daycare provider has to take into account all of the parents. What someone might think is inappropriate others may not. What I would suggest is that before you pick another daycare provider, explain to your kid(s) what they can and cannot say when they are around ppl that isn't family. It's kind of like you wouldn't suggest to your child that they go to school and say "Mommy uses tampons and they go in her vagina" Something like that while it is true, doesn't make it appropriate. A lot of parents aren't going to want their lo's hearing that kind of thing, especially if it pertains to anything sexual or of the body.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My dd's school kicked a boy out for pooping in the urinal lol. THe rule is they have to be potty trained. He went to school for 3 days and they cleaned up poop everyday. He wasnt really potty trained, the last straw was pooping in the urinal. The boy was only like 3 yrs old and they told the parents they could bring him back when he was potty trained.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• In this case, I would be HAPPY that my child got kicked out, why would you want him with such judgmental people anyway? This lady sounds judgmental as do the other parents. As a child care provider, we heard all kinds of stories about what mom and dad did over the weekend or that mom and dad "wrestle" in their bedroom. We IGNORED the comments and kept on with the activity at hand.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Wow. Interesting. My kids never have, only 2 have ever gone to daycare and we quit both of them (1 due to poor care, the other due to me staying home), but DH's nephew/s was/were kicked out of multiple - due to incredibly fussy baby, 2 due to biting, 1 due to not listening and being a horrible little brat. But I've never heard of something like that...was it a Christian or religion-based daycare where something like that is just unacceptable? Wait - they told other parents what your kid said?! I'd be more infuriated over that fact. Yowza. Yeah, they had issues. But that means you get to find somewhere better for your child...and in the meantime have a few talks about what's appropriate to say to others ;).
    Anonymous