Did your child "go" vegitarian?

My son stopped eating red meat from about age 2 to age 5. Did your child ever stop eating something? waht was it?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter wont' eat beef. Once in a while I can trick her, but mostly, she wont eat it. She's 2
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My 5 yr old won't eat any meat but chicken. It's fine with me, I'm a veggie myself. I can see my DD (11) becoming a full fledged vegetarian when she is older, just by the way she is beginning to eat now - choosing veggies and salads over other foods.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son usually isnt picky but I have noticed that he really isnt into meat, i dont know if its because it takes him longer to chew or the texture or what. But I will say for any mom answering and experiencing this as we are, not eating meat isnt bad but make sure your kids have enough IRON! Flinestone vitamans have decent iron levels as pediatricans can order iron supplements for the child. Im severely anemic and i dont know a whole lot about hereditary or not but my son is now slightly anemic and kids need their iron, so if your anemic too keep an eye on your little one!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm a vegetarian, but so far the kids do eat meat. My son really loves most kinds of meat. My middle child is the pickiest and doesn't really like any meat that insn't processed (hot dogs, baloney, etc.) My youngest likes meat but is already concerned about the fact that it is made from animals and sometimes will decline meat at dinner because 'she doesnt' want to eat a chicken.' If anyone is going to be a vegetarian like mom, my money is on her! I would support them if they did choose to go veggie (we already eat pretty minimal meat because I don't eat it) but I'm not going to force them to.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011