Did you ever sign up your child for swim lessons?

Can your child swim?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I want to sign my DD2 up for swimming lesson, I just wish I have the TIME
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my kids can both doggy paddle, float, tread water. No real strokes though but can go down a slide and safely (but slowly!) get to the side of a pool. they're 6 & 4.5 now and have been in lessons off/on since before they were 1
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My DD is 20 months old, and we are going to be signing her up for lessons very soon.
    We are planning a 2 weeks cruise to Hawaii and back, so we would Ike her to be comfortable and safe in the water.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My little one can jump off the side and swim to the stairs. Mostly underwater. She takes lessons at the Y. They are two afternoons a week for a 1/2 hour.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My 9 year old knows how to swim and my five year old is learning...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Both were in mom and me classes from birth and then in the preschool classes at the YMCA. I absolutely love their classes and both my kids can swim (5 and 3 years old) fairly well for their age, but they don't have the stamina to do it for long without touching so I woul NEVER leave them alone in the pool. Soon my 5 year old I think will be fine with me just sitting nearby and not actually getting in with him though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I put both of my boys in swim classes when they turned 5, they can both swim very well. We live in a small community and I had a friend that was/is a certified life guard, so she gave them lessons.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Both of my boys can swim. We started swimming lessons when they started preschool.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 5:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, my kids took swim lessons for 6 months last year. We took some time off for the holidays, but my oldest really wants to get back in for competitive swim, so we'll likely be going back soon.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• All of my kids take lessons in the summer. My 2 oldest are fish (but still take lessons to learn the different strokes, etc), my 3rd was just starting to get comfortable last summer, and my youngest just had his first year last summer.
    Anonymous