anyone now anything about hypothyroid?

i just went in to have a pap done cause i havent had a period since October and wanted to get checked out. Well i had some blood work done and my dr did a thyroid check on me and called me w/ my results and said my numbers were all outta whack that they were severly low, she doesnt even see how im functioning. i have to go back to see my dr but i didnt even know anything about it and wanted to get some info on it, im 27, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Health

• Go to the about.com boards and look up hypothyroidism. They have a ton of great info there. I am hypo and on meds for it. Once the meds get figured out things start to feel a lot better.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have it and I'm on medication for it. Fortunately at Walmart the med is only $10.00 for a three month supply. I've been on it about ten years now and probably will be for life.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It may take a little 'try it, adjust it' period to get your prescription right, but once you do, you'll feel like a new person. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011