How long did you wait?

How long after getting married did you wait to start ttc? I would love to try for a baby but we have only been married for a little over 6 months and I was thinking we should at least wait a year. I was just curious as to how long everyone else waited.

jsmith87

Asked by jsmith87 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• dh and i were married almost a month when we started ttc but we had been together for 4 years
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• one to one and a half year
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 3:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• WHEN I was married we had started trying to have a baby before the wedding actually (lived together for 3 months prior). It took us about a year to get prego. The second baby I was divorced and she was QUITE a surprise!
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Two years. We're ttc now and we have been together 5 years total.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My husband and I both agreed that we wanted to wait at least a year to give us some "us" time before kids came along. When that year mark came, we discussed it again, and I was ready, but he wasn't ready to start actually trying, so we decided to just not do anything to prevent it, and if it happened, it happened. That went on for a year before we conceived our first.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well that is why we got married and we started as soon as we got married and got pregnant on our honeymoon. We had been together for 2 years prior and spiritually but not legally married for a year and living together. If you haven't lived with the person or havent been with them very long I think you need some time to get to know each other before TTC.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We werent married we were just boyfriend and girlfriend and then we got married like 9 or 10 months after we had our daughter .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We were pregnant within the year we got married. We started trying to concieve about 4 months into our marriage.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We started TTC 2 months after we got married but didn't concieve for 9 months. We'd been married about a year and a half when the baby came. It was PLENTY of time for "us" time and we wouldn't change a thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Go on and start trying straight away you never know how long it will take you to get pg and ye can have plenty of time together while trying and waiting for the little one to be born
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 12:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011