Preschool?

What age do kids normally start preschool? and when? Also how much are the fees normally?

brit041

Asked by brit041 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son started at three. I think that preschoool is funded by the state and depending on your income it's free. Or maybe it's free regardless of your income. I don't pay for preschool, but I do have to pay for after and before preschool care. It could range from 30 a week to 120 a week depending on the agency.
    goins1119

Answer by goins1119 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Both my kids go to preschool. My son is 5 and went for half of last year too. His bday is late so he will be tuning 6 a few days into his kindergarten year. my daughter will have 2 full years of preschool. It is not free in my town. Its not needed i guess so they dont pay for it. The school i send them to is 14 dollars aday per child and my oldest goes 3 days a week my youngest goes only 2 days. Its only 2 and a half hours too. Its expensive, i know that but i don't want my children to stuggle in kindergarten and stay back as i think many schools will be doing. I wouldn't be suprised if they started MCAS in kindergarten.
    SparklesOfAmber

Answer by SparklesOfAmber at 6:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My son started preschool at 3 and my daughter at 2 1/2yo. In my area the preschools are all privately owned and pricey- ranging from 120 a month for 2 days a week up to as much as 650 a month for 5 days a week. I choose a co-op, a school that the moms take turns as the class mom helping out and bringing in the snack for the day- it was a lot less expensive and an easier transition for my children to go to school knowing mommy would be there ot help sometimes. Do your research, check out as many as you can in person and ask your neighbors and friends where their kids went. My kids love preschool & it has helped them out in soooo many ways!!!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 7:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my daughter started at 3yrs..she went tues and thurs from 9-1130..and it was $105/month..and now shes in the 4yr class and goes mon wed and fri from 9-1130 for $155/month...but im a single mom so the govt pays for it..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I started Ruby this year. She turned 3 in July and goes twice a week 2 and a half hours each day. we pay about $165 each quarter(four quarters)
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008