HOW CAN I HAVE A BETTER COMUNICATION WITH 11 YEAR BOY SON

AT SCHOOL HE TALKS TOO MUCH AND TEACHER SAIDS HE IS A LITTLE DISTRACTED

GlitteribonMom

Asked by GlitteribonMom at 3:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with missanc. I've also found that my DS talks alot more if he doesn't have to look at me. If we talk while were in the van on the way home he'll ask alot more questions. He knows that whatever he talks about in the car stays there. We also have a policy that if he has any serious questions that he can leave them under my pillow and I will will asnswer them and return them under his pillow.
    DS,11, has ADHD and is on meds and since he got on them I have found that he is much more open, because he can get his thoughts out, they're no longer a jumble in his head.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The "experts" say that boys talk more when they are actively doing something. I've found it true with my son - if we are working on building a lego set, or solving a puzzle, he's more apt to just start talking and I find out much more than if I had just tried to sit down and ask him "what's up at school?"

Answer by missanc at 3:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011