State of the Union, State of the State...Are you interested?

Michigan's state of the state is tonight and I can't wait. We've got a new governer and nobody really knows what to expect cause he's not using a pre-written speech! Crazy, right?

Do you watch your state of the state or our state of the union?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe because it's not pre-written people will actually listen.

Our state sucks. It and the country are all going downhill. I don't need to waste my time listening to that mindless drivel.
    Anonymous

• Not interested. I have a bad feeling about our newly elected governor. (I'm not in Michigan.)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I usually watch the state of the union unless it turns into a 'clapping fest'. Then I turn the channel.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Nope! If anything I prefer to READ the speeches, so I see for myself what is "hidden" within all of the rhetoric, and also so I can interpret what I read myself! I don't need pundits telling me what THEY think it all means! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Nope, I won't watch either. I'll admit that I'm not even sure if our local media broadcasts the state of the state. Even if they do, I'm not interested in what Grandma Bev has to say because she hasn't said a thing in the past 2 years that will improve our state's economy. As for the State of the Union, I'm like Lori, I prefer to read it the next day. Not to mention, the State of the Union address is on my daughter's 1st birthday so I'm sure I'll be busy with other things. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I will probably watch Gov. Perry's state of the state. I have great respect for him,and obviously Texas does too! As for the State of the union, I can't FORCE myself to watch Obama for more than 3 seconds, so no, I won't be watching. I just can't stomach his lies and self-centeredness. He nauseates me to a degree no other politician ever has before.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i haven't watched one SOU address this time around.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well it was a total dud.

The last 10 min. were kind of inspiring...blah blah blah the great state of Michigan, but the rest was boring and didn't really give any new info. :(
    UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, I watch both.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011