Do you think the economy is out of it's slump?

IMO it depends on where you live, your work experience, your education and your drive. But I will tell you this: If I see gas prices go to $5 a gallon in the near future I am buying a dinosaur! lol

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 3:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• YEA
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Not quiet but it's getting there. It's going to take years. I'm investing in a bike if gas goes any higher.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i can ride him around and then when he passes he'll provide some oil for my great great great great great great great great great great great great grandkids! Hopefully there will be no more cars by then that use oil at all!
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, it's not anywhere near out of a slump. I know people with advanced degrees that are very motivated that still can't find jobs. A factory in my city just closed and 500 people are now jobless in a city already without jobs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm unemployed with a college ed and 5 yrs experience, so no I don't.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 4:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sometimes it boils down to moving to where the jobs are, going back to school or just simply wanting to get hired at wherever you have to to pay the bills.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No I don't.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's hard to say. I think some parts of our country are still struggling- but in a lot of areas home prices are starting to come back up and so are employment rates.

The country as a whole however, is still looking at 9.5% unemployment. That's a lot.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think that it is starting to recover but it will be a slow process, it is not going to just get back to what it was. I think that peoples expectations are unrealistic as to how fast the economy is going to or supposed to rebound. The recession happened because of things that had been happening for many years and in order for the economy to come back it will also take many years.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't think the economy is out of it's slump.
    collier5

Answer by collier5 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011