Right-Wingers Inciting Violence Again?

Is this part of the new civil discourse we're all supposed to be having?!  Looks like those RIGHT WINGERS are at it again....oh....wait....

"Wal-Mart has announced they are building stores in metro D.C. Wal-mart is non-union (that's why goods there are so gosh darn affordable), so obviously the local unions are not happy about this development. So what's their plan? The fine folks at Wal-Mart Free DC (charming little smiley face logo on the website there) want to go protest at the developer's house. They've announced this protest by widely distributing a flyer with the developer's home address on it with some crosshairs thrown in for good measure. This should end well."

Washington Examiner

Thoughts?

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 3:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/01/19/unions-protest-walmart-distributing-flyer-developers-home-address-crosshairs

uhm, sweet, unions protest the wal-mart. I don't know many 'right-wing' unions........do you? So, I guess your response is correct. The right-wing had nothing to do with it except they are blamed for all the 'hate rhetoric'. Kind of like our Congressman Allen Greyson said that the dems wanted citizens to get sick and die. Oh, wait, that was the dem rhetoric. My bad.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Holy Buckets! Putting the home address on the flier to protest at his private residence is messed up! I'm no fan of Walmart, but to each their own. I would rather buy goods from other chains or smaller local stores than WM. Except for Toys R Us, but that's a personal decision.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I really don't find Walmart to be any cheaper then anywhere else i shop. I'm confused why people think that. Maybe folks who mostly shop at Walmart?

This happened here in Decatur, GA. And it certainly did run the small business's out of that location. There were LOTS of protests going on a few years back about it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think we should let the free market decide. If it goes in and nobody supports shopping there... well then, i guess it should go out of biz. If people who work there want to complain about wages... then for crying out loud ya bunch of wimps... quit the job and get one somewhere else! Sheesh... why is common sense so lost on these types of whiney people? They get so upset when "little public input and sparse public notice" allows these companies to "ram this down" their throats. I remember some recent political stuff and bills that had lots of public input and they got rammed down the throats of the American people anyway. And how many times do they try to sneak something by with "sparse public notice" . PUHLEASE! They can dish it out but when people they don't agree with do the same thing it's "lets protest outside a private citizens house"! Perhaps using some fear and intimidation tactics? Not cool!
    collier5

Answer by collier5 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't want a walmart in my downtown either. I love our mom and pop shops.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I just hope she doesn't report me for posting a link to fox news, lori!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• LOL! Oh those silly right-wingers! So against freedom and the right to put a business wherever one chooses!

Unions can take their inflated income check and go buy a box of Puffs Plus, at their new neighborhood Wal-Mart no doubt!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's the city that caved.. In CA, somel communities have put the WM issue on the ballot and the citizens have voted AGAINST allowing WM to become part of their business base. Great examples of putting your money, time ,interest, effort, community businesses where your mouth. Stop complaining and take action- the perfect, logicaland successful solution. No cross hairs needed-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I disagree with the cross-hairs on the sign. There are other ways to address the message and get a point across. - jsben

There are, but how else would this get the media's attention? I'm really bothered that it worked and we're discussing it after all the blame and nonsense since the shooting.
    I also don't get the correlation that it's party affiliated.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Hmm. SEIU hasn't been behind the big anti-WalMart protests here... I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011