at what point do leftovers have to be thrown out

I clean out my fridge every 3 days, I hear some people wait for mold to grow. What is the right time to toss out food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Look at expiration dates. I usually keep leftover for 1 week.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• we have to toss it when the mold starts to grow? LOL (ok that was a joke) I will keep leftovers about a week unless it is fish and for some reason I only will keep that a couple of days. If it's something you think you might want again then you can always freeze it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If we don't eat lefovers within 2 days, they outta here! I think you pretty much know if your gonna eat something or not. Why just let it sit there if you know your not gonna eat it?
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I do the 3 day rule too.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• We keep things in our fridge for one day, if no one finishes the leftovers the next day we freeze them. That way all you have to do is take them out and reheat them, and they keep a LOT longer.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• In my fridge if it not eaten in 2 days it ain't gonna get eaten...throwin it out!
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 7:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• When it grows legs and starts to bully the other leftovers.
    stefanierios

Answer by stefanierios at 10:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2008