First Vacation together

Okay so my DH and i are going on our first Vacation together. (We didn't have a honeymoon). And i am very nervous!!! that's how i feel. He is being soo nice, he's paying for the whole trip, and buying me all sorts of stuff, and has even made some special, secret plans for Valentines day. And i all i can think is what is wrong with him. Why is he being so nice? I asked him, and he said that, i have a problem accepting anything from him because my ex-husband was such an ass. And that i really need to believe that he is just doing all these things for me cuz he loves me, and that's what good husbands do. I know i have a good husband, but he's doing so many nice things for me that it scares me. i don't wanna get used to it, because what if it doesn't last? Call me crazy if you will. but i need some advice please.

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 4:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• He's right! As long as he hasn't given you any reason to believe in the past that he's a manipulative person, then just enjoy it! If he is genuinely a good man, and you know him to be one, he's doing this because he loves you and wants to show you how a husband is supposed to treat his wife: like someone that he cherishes!
    TiffanieJohnson

Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 4:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011