My 2 yr old is not wanting to take naps or go to bed at night, can anyone give me some suggestions to try, i'm getting very frustrated

Tried warm milk, rocking, laying down, lights off

Faulk4P

Asked by Faulk4P at 3:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• for night time try giving him a little bath and a massage with baby lotion. Then a worm milk and a book.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My son hasn't taken naps since he was 18 months so I can't help you there but for nighttime, I find the best thing is just wearing them out during the day, really get them running, jumping. Is he/she frightened of the dark or something, maybe a night light would help.
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Sometimes my 1 yr old son gives me problem there are days where I just give him his bottle or pacifer and tell him that it is nap time lay down go night night. Some days it works but when it doesnt I give him my blanket or pillow something with mine or his dads scent on it and that sooths him right down. he cuddles with and goes right to sleep. Hope this helps
    wlmead

Answer by wlmead at 3:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• When my son was 2 he did the same thing. I finally told him he could lay on the couch and watch tv but he had to be very quiet. I also told him he didn't have to take a nap but he had to rest. 9 times out of 10 he'd fall asleep for an hour or two and there was no fight.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008