How can people like this have babies and my friends try and try and can not?

COVINGTON, Ky. -- A Covington woman has been charged in connection with the death of her 9-month-old daughter. Police said Megin Gray, 26, took Xanax, Percocet and drank alcohol before going to bed Monday night. She awoke Tuesday at 11 a.m. to find her infant next to a baseboard heater, officers said.

The girl was taken to the emergency room at St. Elizabeth Hospital, where she died. The baby "suffered from severe burns from head to toe on the left side of the body," according to a search warrant filed by Covington police.

Gray was arrested Tuesday night and charged with second-degree criminal abuse and given $25,000 bond. She was scheduled to appear in court Jan. 25.

News story link

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 4:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• this makes me want to cry :( that poor sweet baby.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• When I read stories like this is when I am sure there is no God.

God doesnt cause pain and suffering humans do, but not God.. and that mother needs her ass burned so she knows what her child went through.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• omg, i hate those stories...that makes me so mad that id like to strap that woman down next to a fire and see how she likes it!!!! Ugh...sickening, im so emotional at that stuff. That poor poor child, i hate to say this though, im afraid to know what it would have been like growing up with a mother like that! I know that beautiful little baby is in Gods hand smiling and laughing and away from pain and the horrific abuse of her mother. Perhaps God will send to her to a wonderful couple that will treat her with all the laughter love and joys that she derves. Bless her heart. Dear Lord, watch over that little one closely and all the little children who have suffered pain at the hands of those who are called "parents". Hold them in your arms and shield them, love them and guide them to a wonderful new life. Amen.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 4:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• This is horrible but I'm somewhat perplexed as to why the child didn't move away from something so hot? Can't you roll over at 9 months? Anyway, not important. Mother should be thrown in jail.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• How horrible. Poor little baby! :(
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Stories like this are so disturbingly sad. But this has nothing to do with who can or cannot conceive. Some people should not have children, but they can...and do. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• So sad.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011