feeling movement

I am 22 weeks and dont think that i am feeling my baby yet. If i am i just dont know it. I was curious if that is normal to not feel the baby yet.

pregnantgirl361

Asked by pregnantgirl361 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if its ur first pregnancy then u may not be recognizing baby move... when i was pregnant with my 1st i didn't realize it was him untill like 24-25 weeks
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It all depends. If you're overweight you may not feel the baby as much or if the placenta is toward your belly and not your back. If you're very busy and stressed you may not notice it. The best time to feel the baby is when you're completely relaxed. I felt my first move around 14 weeks and didn't feel my second until I was halfway through my second trimester.. so busy chasing a toddler. Relax on the couch, close your eyes and try to make the room as quiet as possible. You may not feel jarring movements yet. The baby moving may feel more like gas moving in your intestines still. If you're concerned you can always bring it up to your doctor at your next appointment
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It feels like a butterfly's wings fluttering inside you or gas moving around. It's possible that you aren't feeling it because of the position of the baby. Try this: eat something super sweet like a candy bar then go lie on a bed and be really still. You should feel baby within 30 mins. This is what the dr always told me to do when I was pregnant with my first and constantly worried that I wasn't feeling the baby. When you move you usually put the babyto sleep because baby is lulled to sleep with the rocking motion. When you are in a restful state, you are more likely to feel baby because they are awake. Sugar gives baby a sugar high lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm going through the same thing... i'm 20 weeks, and I still don't think i've felt the baby. I feel things, but i keep thinking it's gas.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 4:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• First time moms usually don't feel their baby move as early as women who have had a baby before. Part of the reason for this might be the fact that those women who have already had babies know what they are looking for. Anytime between 18-20 weeks is common for a first pregnancy, so, yes, it is very likely that you are indeed feeling your Little Peanut's flutters. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes it's normal, especially if you're a FTM.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• thank you for all the responses. they gave me a lot of reassurance.
    pregnantgirl361

Comment by pregnantgirl361 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Try drinking grape juice or ice cold water and laying down in silence. You might feel a little. If you don't it's no big deal, it's still early.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011