3d,4d ultrasound

I had my 3d ultrasound at 34 weeks,so last week. But I wasn't able to get any good pictures of her,because she was covering her face with her hand. They had to rescheduled it for next week and try again. My doctor told me to drink plenty of water,before I come. Is 35 weeks too late for 3d? Will I be able to get pics of her? I was waiting for this all 9 months and I did not get a chance to do it with my first little girl. What if it doesn't work,they will not be able to move it again for later. Have you had the same problem? Was your baby cooperating well?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I thought seriously about getting one done, but I decided at he last minute not to waste the money on it when I would be seeig her anyways in a few days. I wanted to have more of surprise at first seeing her. If they let you reschedule then you should be able to see her in the ultrasound. They had told me to drink 1 caffeinated Coke an hour before the ultrasound so that she would be bouncing around.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'm not sure but I'm so jealous you have the chance to get one!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i love them... i have my sons 4d ones framed it's so cute and amazing to see the technology that they have these days to be able to see how your baby will look
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• When i was scheduling my 4D, they told me that anytime after about 30 weeks, was too far along, and there was a big chance that the baby would be too big, and if she wasn't in the perfect position, i would most likely not get the picture i wanted.
    They also told me to drink a big glass of OJ about 20 minutes before the appt.
    I love the ones i had done, and will cherish them forever. They also gave me great peace of mind, knowing my little cupcake was baking perfectly :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I had to reschedule mine so many times cause he always had his hand over his face on top of his head. I think my last one was at 33 weeks and then my husband and I just gave up. I would cry every time I left cause I wanted to see him soooo bad! They wanted me to try one more time, but I didn't want to go through the disappointment again. They would always tell me to eat a candy bar (yay!) and drink cold water right before to get him moving. Good luck to you!
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 8:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2011