Transgender bf adult content

I was watching TLC the other night and a show about a pregnant transgender couple was on. The "woman" that is now a man is carrying his "wifes" baby. The wife of the man that is carrying the baby once was a man and will be the mother. The "mother" is taking injections to be able to breast feed. ITs none of my business how ppl live their lives but for a man to breastfeed even though they are now a woman seems a little odd. What are your thoughts? Again NOT bashing but seems diff from the "norm". And I know the def of normal has changed. .lol

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Some people truly feel they were born as the wrong gender. I would feel cheated if I was born a man and knew I should really be a woman. I wouldn't be able to get pregnant or breastfeed or have any normal experiences. I think they are doing what is best for them :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• jeez everyone goes on about how great bfing is and then when a different situation comes along where the person who will be the mother wants to bf everyone is all "thats gross" seriously she is a woman, just because she was born physically male it doesn't mean she's not a woman and the father carrying the babies probably can't bf because ftm transgenders usually have their breasts removed
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Is this the first case of something like this? I wonder if they will let us know how it goes? I would be anxious to hear about it. My thoughts of course always go to the medical and science part of it, not being judgmental.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you clearly have never met a transgender and heard their story. it's heartbreaking how they hurt themselves because they hate themselves so much. being trapped in a body that is not who they are. i think if you met a transgender and heard their struggle you would understand that biology does make mistakes
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• None of my business what other couples do. I applaud them for wanting to bring another life into the world at all costs.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Good point alinker! They were both victims of false identity/gender.
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It is right for them but is it right for the child?

This is a good ?. Bullying exists no matter what. I know its sad and discusting. But if this childs parents love them does it matter? Its not up to us to decide but I would be concerned to a point for the child. Do we look at this issue to become more openminded or is it negative? We all have a dif opinion.
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I am both genetically and physically a woman, and personally I HATE to breastfeed, but I do it because it's what is best for my baby. Now, that said, I can only imagine it's even more of a sacrifice for this man seeing how he no longer has the physical attributes that will help him to nurse. SO just the fact that he's willing to do so because it's what is best for his child is a wonderful thing.

Transgender persons aren't any different from other people. They want love and a family. The issue is that they have more difficulty doing so. This family is able to get around those physical issues and have the family they want, I don't see why that's questionable at all.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

Anonymous

• God does not make mistakes. I think counseling is needed. Sorry if it sounds harsh, it' s just my opinion.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 4:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011