Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

HELP! I want a divorce!!!!***update***update****

I am a married woman...I am actually married, back in my home country...
I have not spoke with my "husband" in sometime, until a few days ago-----I want
to get a divorce. Do I need to go back to my country for this? My husband agrees,
we just need to finalize this. He talked about sending divorce papers through the mail.
How does this work? Help!


Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • i would speak to lawyer before going back to own country
    which country are you talking about?
    are you a US citizen?
    talk to international lawyer or lawyer that knows about your home country

    Answer by fiatpax at 5:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • You should probably contact a lawyer to make sure that everything is taken care of the way that it should be. Especially if there are children involved or properties of some kind to divvy up. It may be fine to take care of it through the mail, but you want to be sure that all of your bases are covered.

    Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 4:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • We don't own anything together-or anything. And we have no children. I had a stillbirth years ago. :(

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • It depends on the laws there, I would .

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • Would what

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • I guess it depends on what is legally required in your country.

    Answer by collier5 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

Next question in Relationships
Dreams adult content

Next question overall (Entertainment)
whats your favorite song