Hey mamas--if you were stranded in a hospital 2 weeks to take care of your little one... what would you bring?!

im trying to be as prepared as possible........ & im running extremely low on ideas on how to keep myself busy. I've got her covered, bringing tons of crafts & things.. and i checked out everything the hospital has to keep her distracted so i think she will be good! However, i cant think of what to do with my time? Most of it will be spent taking care of her, but there will also be breaks. dont say nap--because i know my body just will not allow me to do that!

also, do you know if you can get pregnancy magazines at local stores? or do you have to subscribe & wait monthly? I love prego magazines, but i havent been sure where to get them on spot. maybe the library?..

& for comfort--what are your pregnant necessities? ill be over 8 months during the stay.. so i need every little comfort item as possible(:

& last question.. for you crafty moms.. what is something i could spend time making? im going to make a tutu... & a blanket.. any other ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Internet access? Do you have a laptop/ wireless smart phone? We will be right here for ya!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Bring books some dvd's and a little kit with tooth brush, soap, facecloth and towel also throw in sweats to sleep in.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I always got my pregnancy magazine from my doctor's office- they had tons of them there and they were free for the taking. If I was in the hospital for a long stay with my child I would bring lots of reading materials- books, magazines, etc. Or you could work on her baby book, or start one for the new baby. And bring yourself some extra pillows, too, to help keep comfortable. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You can get pregnancy magazines at Barnes and Noble and grocery stores, in the magazine aisle, not by the checkout. A camera, slippers, books, DVD's
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011