give me your best vegetarian lasagna recipes

i usually make home made meat lasagna but i wanna try something new. so give me a vegetarian lasagna recipe. please include layers directions and cook time and temp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Mine is easy. It has more veggies than anything else! I mix together zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, and spinach in a bowl. Throw in some cottage or ricatta cheese and newman's own sauce. Mix it, layer it with a couple of layers of no boil noodles. Sometimes I put mozzerella on top. Bake at 350 for about an hour. It's my family's favorite!
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I make this one all of the time, dh LOVES it. It's my own receipe. Oven temp:350. Cook time: 45 mins. You will need 1 box of lasagna noodles(not the oven ready ones), 3 24 oz. jars of Classico sauce (Tomato basil is the best), frozen broccoli or fresh(however much you like), 1 large green bell pepper, 1 large yellow onion, 32 oz of Kraft shredded Mozzarella, cooking spray or butter and a deep lasagna pan. Boil noodles. While noodles are boiling, chop up the onion and bell pepper into pieces no bigger than a dime. Place chopped up onion and bell pepper into microwave safe bowl with a micowave safe plate as a cover and fill the bowl with water in it about halfway up to where the veggies are. Microwave until veggies are tender. About 5 mins or so. Drain excess water.  Line the lasagna pan with either cooking spray or butter. Butter gives a little bit extra flavor. Pour just enough cont.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Shoot I gotta split, but I'll message you the rest of this tonight.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I sauté 1 chopped yellow onion with 2 cloves chopped garlic for 3 min, then add 1 sliced zucchini, I sliced yellow squash, 1 head broccoli (cut into pieces), and one peeled and sliced carrot. Sauté for another 5 min, then add 1 bag of spinach. Sauté until just wilted. Put into a large bowl. Add one large can of whole tomatoes (or diced), and squish them with yoir hands. Add about 1 TBSP each of parsley, basil, Italian seasoning and oregano (double these if using fresh spices). Mix together and set aside. In another bowl, add 1 pack soft tofu, 1 tub lowfat ricotta, 4 oz part skim mozzarella, shredded, 1 egg and 1 tbsp parsley. Mix well. Boil 9 noodles as directed (whole wheat are great in this). Get a 13x9 pan and spray with cooking spray. Put just enough of the tomato/veggie sauce on the bottom to cover. Then layer 3 noodles, then 1/2 remaining sauce, and 1/2 of the cheese mix, and (cont)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• (cont) repeat, reserving a bit of sauce. Layer on last 3 noodles, then reserved sauce, and another 4 oz of mozzarella. Put foil on it, closed up, with a lip to keep drippings in. Place in oven preheated to 350 for 30 min. After the 30 min, remove foil (some cheese may stick, just pull it off carefully), and put back in for another 15 min, until bubbly and starting to brown. Enjoy! Oh, you can add some grated parm to the cheese mix if you want, too. I serve this with garlic bread I make: cut loaf of French bread in half, butter it, then top with garlic, dill, and Parmesan, then broil until starting to brown. Cut into slices and serve. Big hit!! I've made these for a lot of people, and both are very popular. I try to get the veggies from the farmer's market, and adjust for what's in season. Leeks are a great addition, as are mushrooms and bell peppers, if you like the flavor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Meaty Mushroom Lasagna

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Show: Giada at HomeEpisode: Giada’s Restaurant Favorites

Rated: 4 stars out of 5Rate itRead users' reviews (41)

This one is divine

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Forgot to mention I withheld the meat in Giada's recipe above^
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Great question! I am 52 and have been a vegetarian for 41 yrs. yes i was 11 yrs old. I love new recipes. i dont have one for you but thanks for asking. i can enjoy these too.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 9:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Zucchini and Pesto Lasagna
    1/2 lb. lasagna noodles
    1 cup Pesto
    16 oz. fresh ricotta cheese, room temperature
    1/2 c. plain non-fat yogurt
    6 medium or 8 small zucchini
    28-oz. can imported Italian crushed tomatoes
    3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
    2 T. olive oil
    salt and pepper
    freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    8-10 fresh basil leaves, julienned

Saute garlic in olive oil in lidded saucepan until garlic is pale gold. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste and simmer partially covered for 25 minutes. Cook lasagna according to package directions. Rinse in cold water. Drain on towels. Blanch zucchini in a lot of salted boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes (according to size of zucchini). Rinse under cold water. Slice lengthwise in 1/4 in. strips. Combine pesto, ricotta and yogurt and blend until smooth.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• In a 13 x 9" glass-baking dish, spread a small amount of tomato sauce over the bottom. Place a layer of lasagna noodles next, then half of the pesto-ricotta mixture over the noodles. Next, make a layer of zucchini strips. Spread tomato sauce over the zucchini, and then add another layer of lasagna noodles. Spread the remaining pesto-ricotta mixture over the noodles, and then make another layer of zucchini strips. Spread tomato sauce over the zucchini, and then add another layer of lasagna noodles. Top with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Remove foil and return to oven until golden brown on top (about 5-10 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining tomato sauce. Garnish with additional grated cheese and julienned basil leaves.