Pretty sure this opened a can of worms....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41149562/ns/politics-more_politics/?gt1=43001

I am a christian...but I am still shocked that a polititian would say this!!

During his inaguration he said..if you are a Christian you are my brother or sister, if you aren't a Christian then you aren't my brother or sister..but I would like you to be.

I agree someone can be your sister in Christ...but I cant believe he said this as the new governor!!!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• There is no legislating intelligence, common sense, logic, reasoning or even social decency.

IMO, most Christian denominations encourage the inclusion of fellow man and neighbor....not just certain people.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Scroll down ria, there are 3 other posts about this :-) Also, it was his inaguration day, but he was speaking to a church crowd. He wasn't making a speech in front of the capitol building like the article showed.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• ha I just saw it on a news site...I'm glad to know it wasnt in his actual inaguration speech!! The thought of that was making me speechless!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't agree with him, but he has the freedom to speak his opinion in a church.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• And he still was elected governor? What's wrong with that picture? Hey, I've heard it all.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• he's breeding intolerance and ignorance. he's a pulic official "for the people", not "for the christian people"..speaking to a church or not, he still has a political oath to consider.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 6:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• A. His words were inappropriate. He is the governor and represents the citizens of the state Christian or not.

B. He was wrong. We are all children of God Christian and Non Christian alike. Therefore we are all brothers and sisters.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• wow
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It wasn't necessary for him to make the statement in the first place.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 2:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yeah so, about church & state being seperate...
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2011