What do you think of this? no bashing please

I recently posted a question on here about feeling a pinch when I got my yearly pap. Not sure if you read it so I will give the long story short version. I was getting my pap done and as the doc was takin out the spectrum I felt a pinching feeling in my lower leg/butt cheek area. I told doc this and she said it as the spectrum pinching me as it closed. I started thinking later that night that what if she stuck me with a dirty needle. I took a mirror and looked at the area and there was a tiny red area. Saying this out loud sounds nutty to me but it is a true fear of mine. As an outsider do I sound OCD or does it sound like this could have happened. Please give me your honest opinion. I know I have some kinda OCD prob with catching HIV. It's like my number 1 fear in life and think about it every single time I get scratched by something or someone touches me. Please give me some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Health

• Where would the dirty needle have come from?
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Why would your doctor purposely infect you with HIV???

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes thank you. i ask myself those same questions but i come up with answers to keep me going. then i ask myself where would that little red dot have come from and tell myself only a needle could have done it. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Honestly that sounds very far fetched to me. If you have a bad fear of catching HIV you're probably just  dwelling on your fear, and your brain is playing tricks on you.

Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The speculums do pinch, especially if he used the plastic type. I am sure that's all it was. There really wouldn't be a need for a needle to be used. And of course, the plastic speculums are disposed of after each use. I think that we all have great fears about catching something, especially with what we see on TV, but in reality, you are pretty safe. Especially with that, because if they use the plastic speculums, there isn't anything that anyone else would have used..... It's all pretty sterile.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• lol, I dont think they did that. I hate paps & I always feel a pinch too.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You are over thinking.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes i agree. i bet the norm wouldn't think twice and would prob believe the doc. i hope you are right and that it didn't happen. drives me crazy with these fearful thoughts. tho i did see the red area. that was for sure there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• am i wrong in thinking the speculum pinches on the inside of you? so how would you be able to see a red mark? not saying there is nota ared mark, just that the pinch and the red mark are two diffrent places?
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 5:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• it wasn't plastic, it was those metal ones. the area i felt it pinch was outsideon my butt area. exactly where i saw the red mark. has anyone ever felt their skin on their skin butt leg area pinched. maybe it would make me feel better to ask how it happened. i just dont get how that thing that is inside of you pinch ur skin on ur butt asit closes? anyone know that? that would prob calm my fears.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011