Governor states Non christians not his "brother or sister"...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41149562/ns/politics-more_politics/from/toolbar

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I was just reading this before getting on CafeMom. I am so furious! This is the kind of Governor Alabama wants?Really?!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• There are a lot of fundamentalist Christian groups here and they actually tell their followers that people from other Christian churches aren't real Christians. Where does it stop?
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't want someone in my family that thought like than anyway! So I'm glad I'm not his sister.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• They just don't get it do they, We're all Brothers and sisters. Whether you believe or not. If you believe as I do we were all created by God, so therefore we are brothers and sisters.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• well i'm by no means his "sister" than. (yeah!!) He's an ass. "think like me, or you don't count" is basically what he's saying. His faith is his faith, but he is representing a state full of different people, and he has no respect for that. How can he be a politian for "the people" when he has no respct for those that are different? Intolerance. Ignorance. Downright stupidity is what he's breeding.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 5:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I can see how his statements can be taken offensivey but i dont think he meant to hurt anyone. He was just speaking fron the heart, and stated the truth that anyone whose not a Christian isn't his brother or sister (in Christ). The fact is, according to the bible, anyone who dies without accepting jesus as their personal savior will go to hell, and no one wants that for anyone they care about. Being that he said it on a political platform, I understand why it would raise a few brows but I commend him for standing true to his faith as a representative of Christ.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 5:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I want to know what would happen should a NON christian, who happens to be a politician of sorts, said, 'Christians are not my brothers and sisters."
    Man- I bet the shit would HIT the fan!!!
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• "Being that he said it on a political platform, I understand why it would raise a few brows but I commend him for standing true to his faith as a representative of Christ. "

He shouldn't be commended for being a disrespectful asshole who thinks HIS beliefs should apply to ALL people. He is using his political pulpit for a religious one...he should be thrown out of office.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Mamma2E, i respect your view, however, like sahmamax2 said, how would you feel if a non-christian did the same thing? It's the fact that he's there for the people, not just for the christian people.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 5:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011