Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child situation

Ok I'm in the process of a divorce, and my ex was military [stationed in GA] and he got booted out but i have a boyfriend who is military and is returning from Iraq. Now i have come back to my parents since it was my first deployment and most of the wives there left and returned home. But im gonna move back to GA when he returns because i still have an apartment and all my belongings are there. Now my ex hasn't made any effort since July to see our son except once in November. He has blocked me on facebook changed his phone number and email. And there are no custody arrangments thru court. He has basically abandoned our son. Has not paid child support, had any contact with him or anything. Now when i leave since he hasnt been around can he get me for kidnapping in the state of PA. I have no clue where he is living or anything. So i dont think he could do anything about it since he's not around, and i know idea where he is living.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • It may go against you for leaving the state with your son, if there is nothing in the court system. Is the father on the babys birth certificate? I would try to consult with the family courts in GA before you leave with him. You could even try getting ahold of someone who is an upper officer in the military to reach his father...if nothing else, maybe you could get him to sign custody over or something.

    Good luck!! : )

    Answer by RysMom09 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • He's not military anymore, and nor are we in GA we are in pa Im wanting to move back to GA. And from research he can't do anything to me if i leave state since there are no custody orders.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • If there are no custody orders and no child support orders then you should be ok.

    Answer by gumby11883 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.