White embroidery thread on white! Why?

I bought this cute, sweet, Now I lay me down to sleep crib bedspread! Very vintage and Sweet! It was money for a church fund rasier. Any way its done So sweetly with Angels. And its done up in white & red! I don't know why you'd use white embroidery thread? It can barely bee seen! Well the threads are coming out! But where its done in white. You Can barely see it! I lost most of my feeling to my hands! So I can't do it anymore! I made some sweet things for my DD's. When they were Young. But I have a question? Can I somehow go over the white thread to be seen? I realize the red embroidery thread would most likely have to be re done! Right? Any suggestons? Its so charming!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You could try taking a different color, like light grey or blue and simply work over the white thread and see how it stands out.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• White on white is usually used for subtle texture. I have a baby pillowslip my grandmother did for me in white-on-white. You might be able to work over it with a color, would probably want to use only 1 or 2 strands.I agree with the OP, a muted color might be best. Do a small section and see how you like it.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What about outlining the saying in a contrasting color?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would use a few strands of white mixed in with a lighter yet visible color..if it is red and white, then perhaps a pale pink, but something you can see. I feel your pain. Stitching with white on white makes you feel like you are going blind.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2011