Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I use this in court? (added details) adult content

The father & I are arguing pretty bad right now, in the midst of all the arguing, he's threatened to knock my teeth out, kill me and feed my body to the hogs, he called me a whore, and a fat bitch, and also a while back (I will never forget this even after I die) he said he should have kicked me in my stomache and made me have a miscarriage. I have no physical evidence, only word of mouth. Can I still bring this up in court (custody/visitation of our kids) and will it do any good if I don't have physical proof? He's an idiot, so I know if I bring it up, he won't deny it, I also told him over a message I was going to bring it up in court and he didn't deny it, will what work also?

We're going to court for custody/visitation, nothing else. I have no recordings of him saying it, only a message over FB, in which he didn't deny saying it, he said he didn't care if I used it in court.


Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • If you DO bring it up, make sure to stay even tempered. I know that it's probably easy to get upset and/or heated when talking about the things he's said to you, make sure to keep your composure, as that will also work for you.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • Use it, sister!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • You can always bring it up, but it's up to the attorneys, judge, and jury if it holds any merit.

    Answer by CraftingMama at 5:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • Depends on what context of court you're talking about. Are you going to file an emergency petition for an order of protection - yes, then you could tell that in court. However, if it's a custody petition, chances are you can put it in the petition, but that may be all. It's unlikely unless something goes to trial that you would be able to present the tape recording that you have, or even testify about what was said. Good luck to you.

    Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • print that page out off of FB

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • That is a really tough question...and a difficulty situation. For one, I am really sorry that you have to be put through that, NO ONE deserves that. I think your best bet would be to consult with a local Family/Child custody attorney. They are pretty expensive to retain, but most do a free consultation...Hopefully you can find that does , and they should be able to put your concerns at ease.

    I'm really sorry that this is your situation....I think that MOST courts would take into consideration a persons violent streak when determining child custody/visitation. Could you get any kind of character witness from people that he knows...To back up your story for a judge. Does he have a police record of any sort? If you could get any of your conversations in written format, text message or email, it would probably least that's what I have been told, I live in Nevada...and I'm not sure if it would work the same for where

    Answer by RysMom09 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • you live. Good luck in this situation...i hope thing work out for the best. : )

    Answer by RysMom09 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • i would bring it up and simply state that he has made verbal threats of physical violence towards you, and you are concerned.

    good luck honey...

    Answer by boobarandbell at 5:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • He has a record, he has felonies, breaking and entering, grand larceny, distruction of property, marijuana charges, driving on suspended

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

  • It usually comes down to he said she said, but if you have a FB message that is damaging to him.

    Answer by gemgem at 5:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011