ChaCha Guide?

Know anything about this? Are you one? Know someone who is? How much money can you make by working a few hours each day? How does this service MAKE money to pay you if they dont charge for people to text and ask a question?
Not looking for fulltime work. But I'm a SAHM and it be nice to make a lil extra $, if its legit, and worth it ;)

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• if you have a decent computer I suggest doing chacha & kgb together at the same time. I've made WAY more $ off kgb, though. they also have a lot more contests, promos, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Tried applying for ChaCha but they weren't accepting new guides a couple of months ago. They made me go all the way through the application process, to only get a "We'll call you when we have an opening" Still haven't gotten a reply back from them.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• IMO kgb is more efficiently set up and steamlined for speed. It also keeps a running total, literally on your screen as you type of how much you've made. And you can count on that money. chacha's payment system is complicated and stressful and you literally wont know how much you've made until they tell you.... sometimes a month later. but having them both running together is terrific, especially since 1 is usually moving more slowly than the other
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Several people I know tried it....the most anyone made for working their butt off was $6 in a MONTH! It's not going to make you any worth while money!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I made $200 in a month, that was my spare time, you have to be disciplined and actually work. I love ChaCha. You can earn way more than $200 though, you need to be able to move around a computer screen efficiently, used tools/add on that will help your speed and save time and enter contests and special promotions to make the best out of it.

Also you need to be willing to search more than 1 subject and log in more than 1 hour a day. If you are lazy, you wont make money, maybe $6 in a month if you never work.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• IraqVetWife, actualy she worked about 20 hours a week. But you only earn .10-.20 per answer so to make $200 a month you'd have to answer 1,000 to 2,000 questions or 33 to 66 a day which seems excessive. Chacha even says the average question takes 10 mintues, that equates to 5.5 to 11 hours a day, which is possible but that means working 38.5 - 77 hours a week and only earning $1.30 to 65 cents an hour.....when broken down it just seems like a lot of hours for very little pay.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2011