Question to all non Christians, Christians please read also

You like to talk a lot of trash about Christians about how they are trying to get you to become Christians. I have read a lot  of questions and posts on here and it seems to me that the people i hear the least from are the Christians. I hear a lot of people complaining about the Christians but I hear very little of the Christians complaining about the witches or the pagans or the atheists. The bible says in the end times the Christians are going to be persecuted and now I see that the end times must be here to listen to all of you criticize the Christians.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• this has been an on going battle since the beginning of man.. I am a Christian and what many non-Christians don't understand is that part of being a Christian is sharing Christ w/others, but in a loving way. You can't act pious and holier than thou and expect people to respect that. Sometimes you are the only Bible people read so a lot of it is not just talking the talk but walking the walk. I have seen many Christians be ugly here, but also many non-Christians try to make it their mission to offend Christians. Like I said, this has been going on forever. Battles have been fought, lives lost. I think that you should be respectful of everyone. If you're attacking people for their beliefs, that's not going to do anything but cause more trouble. I do believe that every knee shall bow before Christ. At the end of my life, if He doesnt exist, I have lost nothing. If you don't believe and He does exist, then you've lost everything.
    nursesharon

Answer by nursesharon at 12:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It is all a matter of perspective. You see what you WANT to see, as do they.

I will say as someone who is a Christian, that I have been offended here much more by people with my own beliefs than by anyone else.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Did someone call the Waaaahmbulance yet? This post clearly needs one.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• what was the question?

I read through the whole thing 3 times and never saw a hint of one, so figured whatever it was, the answer was either chocolate or this

http://oaktownheidi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/bunny-with-pancake-on-its-head.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You don't see Christians complaining that Atheists, Witches and Pagans are trying to convert them because Atheists, Witches and Pagans don't try and convert people. 

If Christians stop trying to convert people, then people will stop complaining about it. 

Easy Peasy, Pudding and Pie.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Wouldn't vote down if you weren't anon :)

So, because people disagree with a religion which has historically caused more harm than good... the end of days must be upon us? mmmk... You get one of the crazy badges of the day hon.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If you consider people disagreeing with christian fairy tales and imaginary friends as being "persecuted", then you clearly HAVEN'T been truely persecuted. And, if you were really checking other posts as you SAY you have been, then you would see the questions that aren't REALLY questions, but testifying, and the preachy answers from christians that sometimes take up an entire page! If you are actually looking for some genuine persecution I could start filling up pages with quotes from the atheist bible for you. Who knows? You might actually be enlightened!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• What was your question? And what site are you looking at, lol. Not to mention criticism =/= persecution. I've been on this site for 4 years and have seen so much crap from supposed "Christians" that it has turned me off to the religion completely. I never even gave Christians a second thought. Most of my friends. family and neighbors are Christian and I never had a problem with them then I started coming to this site and now I'm wary of everyone...wondering if they will turn on me when they find out I'm atheist. The most hurtful things I've ever read on this site came from people professing to be Christian and spreading Jesus' love. And they wonder why I'm atheist with the crap they spew.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• LOL...ummm excuse me but I have seen plenty of people on here who call themselves Christians bashing people, stereo-typing, telling others they will go to hell,etc. I have also had to experience plenty of it in life. I have had someone go up to my son( who was 8 at the time) and playing at the park across the street from our house that he would go to hell if he didn't go to church & believe in God. She also told him he would get candy & have lots of fun playing games if he went there. She was preadhing to all the kids he was with and trying to get them to sing some kind of Christian songs. Since this was on base I called the Security police and went to file a complaint. I also called the number of the church which was on the back of booklets she was giving the kids and made a complaint with them. That was only one instance, we have had many.

sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 5:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011