first prenatal appt.

how much should it cost to do my first prenatal appointment without any type of insurance?

Wowifey

Asked by Wowifey at 5:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• most will say that they can cover you or give you discount.. but sometimes not it could be 150 and up
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Its really hard sometimes to tell how much things are going to cost, however call around and see if they give a Cash discount or a discount for patients who do not have insurance. These appts can get expensive due to the test and things they may want to do.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• a pap smear alone is 534 dollars...when i went
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 6:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It depends on what all they do, but with my last child I didn't have insurance and it was about 150$ I believe.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Call and ask...I'm sure the cost varies from state to state and doctor to doctor.
    sharonrena

Answer by sharonrena at 7:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Apply for medical assistance- in most states if you're pregnant you will get insurance for the duration of your pregnancy. Do you have any midwives in your area? They are substantially cheaper than and OB and may be more willing to work with you on payments.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• the thing is we're not interested in getting medicaid and we just want to have our first appt before we get the tricare maternity insurance.
    Wowifey

Comment by Wowifey (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011