should i be worried????

im 16+2 weeks im having twins i woke up this morning and my feet and hands were swollen

ImHavingTwinz

Asked by ImHavingTwinz at 5:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would suspect that to be normal but it depends on the severity. My feet were SO swollen through most of my pregnancy, I gained tons of water weight.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Drink plenty of water, then call your doctor. It can be a sign of preeclampsia, and it's not worth risking your health. I hope it's just pregnancy swelling, in which case, recede your sodium intake and drink lots of water. Definitely worth calling your OB. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• *reduce, not recede. Thanks, iPhone autocorrect!
    musicpisces

• agree with musicpisces. but i also got swollen ankles/feet later in pg. and dr checked me out, then said drink more water. but do call dr to make sure. it's never worth taking any risks for your little ones, and there are no dumb questions to the doctors.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 5:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Very normal.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my feet didn't swell up till after i had my son and it was do to me waking around all over when i was suppose to relax...oops on my part but it is normal for most... elivate you feet or take and nice hot bath too.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• may be nothing but I would call the dr to be sure, if your face is puffy as well call your dr or go to the hospital as that is classic sign of preeclampsia, try not to worry to much in the mean time, it's prob nothing but better safe than sorry.
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 6:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011