In the bible; Exodus chapter 4 verse 24 - 26 (what does it mean?)

I was reading the bible when I came upon Exodus chapter 4 verse 24-26. Where did this come from? Can some one help me to understand this verse?

silverfrog777

Asked by silverfrog777 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only answer I can give is that in the OT, circumcision is a sign of God's covenant with His people. So this was done to show that Moses was in covenant with Him. I'm not sure beyond that as I haven't studied that scripture much.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 6:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 23 So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn24 And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the LORD met him and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast it at Moses’[b] feet, and said, “Surely you are a husband of blood to me!” 26 So He let him go. Then she said, “You are a husband of blood!”—because of the circumcision

explained better?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Circumcision has to do with covenant.... when babies were circumsized then it was a sign of covenant to God . That was in the OT... now as a believer we are circumsized in the heart... as a sign of covenant with Jesus ( the accepting Him as Lord and Savior)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have no idea....good question, though
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• This introduces the idea of circumcision as a way for G-d to recognize Jews.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Evidently god didn't feel that he made the weenie-dog right the first time and had to make an upgrade. It's a myth and it doesn't mean anything.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2011