How do I tell my parents that Im getting married?

My parents and I dont get along at all!! I cant tell you the last time I have seen them or talked to them. They dont like my man so I know that they are not going to be happy about. And I dont think that they are going to let me in to there house to tell them the news and I dont know how to do it. Im 22 and he is 30 with one kids. I love him and want him around but i would also like my parents to see that. Help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Just send them a message. If you rarely talk to them why do you are what they think?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• maybe try calling them on the phone or sending them an email and leave it open ended so theyre able to respond if they wish..good luck
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If you don't get along,and they won't let you in,why do you care about their opinion?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I want to tell them it just feels right to tell them I mean I still love them even tho we dont talk. I was thinking about calling them just didnt think it was a good Idea so know that someone else thinks its okay I will do that! Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would just send them your engagement announcement and a card, saying you would love to have the be a part of your nuptuals.
    mamajeh

Answer by mamajeh at 6:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• They are my parents why would I not want to tell them. I dont want to be a witch and have them find out and be calling me yelling at me for not telling them cuz they will do that. But I know that when I call and say "Mom im getting married" I will hear notthing. Just I would feel better if I told them!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Alright, well, first off. You're grown. You do not need their blessings.

However, please keep in mind that parents know best, and always will have your best interest at heart...EVEN though, at this time, you do not feel that way.

Good Luck Girly!
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• if they wont let you in the house, then call them. if they won't talk to you on the phone, then leave a message on their machine.
    then it's their fault, you tried.
    if all else fails, send them a card telling them the good news.

if you don't want them at the wedding, then do what they did on the movie ya ya sisterhood.
    she sent her mom the invitation with the place and date cut out of it!
    you could send them pics later.
    sorry, but I just say do your best, and if they can't be adults, then don't let them ruin your special day.
    I don't think weddings are the time to try and turn a bad situation into a big round of Cum Bi ya - or how every you spell that song.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• First I would call. if they dont listen I would send an email. If you write it down you are more than likely to get more of your feelings out if they read it. Explain how important he is to you and how important it is for them to give him a chance. Thats pretty much all you can do.
    JennyJenny529

Answer by JennyJenny529 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I need more info, Why haven't you or your parents been talking?? Are you mature enough to get married? Why don't they like the guy your with? Do they have good reason to dislike this guy? Your very young, maybe they know this guy wouldn't be good to you, or take good care of you. A lot of young people think they know what is best for them and a few years down the road find out they were wrong. I don't know if this is the case or not, because I don't know the people involved, But I would do what I could to have a relationship with my parents. You have plenty of time to get married and start a family. But you only have one mom and dad!!
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2011