tall kids...

my son is only 9 months and he looks like he's over a year old! everyone stops and asks how old he is and is so surprised to find he's young. he is literally taller than most one year olds. i can't keep up! he only wears pants for about 2 weeks than grows out of them. and he's growing out of his size 12-24 mth socks already! i already have visions of the future and him growing out of shoes! anyone else have super tall kids and how do you keep up with them, clothes-wise and shoe-wise?!

joli13

Asked by joli13 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have tall people in your family? Or in SO fam?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son has been as tall as a 2 yr since he was a yr. Was as tall as a one year old at 6 months. No one is very tall in our family daddy is average and I'm very short.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• that happens to my son he's 2 and look 3 going on 4 it's kind of funny..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My 19 month old is taller than my friend's three year old. We are wondering where he got it from.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• dad is over 6' and i'm only 5'8. we expected a tall child...but i guess i wasn't expecting it this early! he already is growing out of his car seat and i have to get a convertible seat. my son has a growth spurt every couple of weeks it seems!
    joli13

Comment by joli13 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My Li'l Bear is 8 months old today and is wearing 24 month old pj's and onsies and such! I'm amazed daily by how large the not-so-little guy is. :P
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son looked like a tank for the longest, he is still off the charts at 2...his pedi said hes about the size of a large 3 year old (just turned two in december)....and there are no signs of it stopping. His grandpa is 6'7 and hes got some height on my side..so were expecting a big boy! We have to shop in the boys department for his shirts now.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son just turned for and is 3' 6" and 45 lbs. He's finally starting to come down into the 80-90% on the chart, for the first 4 years he was off the chart. I'm not unusually and neither is his biological father. I shot up really fast, then stopped growing at 12, so I sort of expected it.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• oh joy this is what I have to look forward too!! :) LOL
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My son is tall, but he's always been skinny too, so he's hard to fit. He tends to be around 30% for weight and 90-95% for height. I try to find pants with adjustable waistbands whenever possible, and overalls or elastic pants usually work well too. I had to stop buying any kind of footed PJs or outfits very early. Depending on the clothing style, sometimes buying shirts a little loose and rolling sleeves up can help them wear it longer, but the pants are hard to deal with (at least in our case because his waist isn't usually ready to move up a size even though he needs the length of the next size). I always dread buying new clothes and shoes, because he's so hard to fit.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011