Help I can't get a telemarketer to stop calling me!

I am listed on the do not call list. I have also requested at least three times now to be taken off their list. I called Charter and they say there is nothing I can do unless I upgrade my package to block them. I can't afford to up my package. 11 times in the last 3 days is how much they've called. When I say "hello" I get dead silence on the other end. Please help, what can i do?

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 6:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• call the police, they can either get phone records and/or put a trace thing on your phone, then charge them with harassment. a freind of mine did this!

as for me...i kept a whistle by the phone and when a telemarketer called more than once (after i've requested to be taken off their list), they got an ear peirceing whistle in their ear! It worked quite well, lol.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 6:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don't answer calls from numbers you don't recognize

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well if there is dead silence how do you know it's a telemarketer? Once when this company kept calling me and I;ve said I was on the do not call list I told them if they called again they will be hearing from my lawyer, never called again after that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would stop answering their calls, I don't think there is anything you can do short of changing your number.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with butterfly. If you have caller id and you know it's the telemarketer, do not answer the phone. If you answer and they say something, ask to speak to their supervisor or threaten to call the police for harassment.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011